One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry concerned with the processes occurring at interfaces between phases, especially that between liquid and gas.
- ‘Non-organic surface chemistry was instead invoked to explain most of the results obtained.’
- ‘Our group's research at the University of Sheffield has concentrated on investigating the effects of surface chemistry on cell behaviour.’
- ‘He received an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship to work on analytical and surface chemistry at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.’
- ‘Wei said that although DTCs have been around for a long time, their application to surface chemistry has been overlooked and is long overdue.’
- ‘Our technical approach combines proprietary advances in synthetic chemistry, surface chemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, array technology and optics.’
- ‘In 1932, Langmuir received the Nobel Prize for his work in surface chemistry.’
- ‘Queen Mary & Westfield College chemist Roger Nix has put together a web-based reader in surface chemistry for students around the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.