One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization of lifeguards in charge of safety on a particular beach.
- ‘A further $6,000 was raised by the local surf club in last September's surfboat row from Ballina.’
- ‘In the wake of the mass exodus of young board riders from the surf club, they attempt to form their own organisation, and organise their own events.’
- ‘The course will align Surfing FNC to the local surf clubs for the bronze medallion and proficiency update.’
- ‘This cover would be through the Treasury Managed Fund, saving surf clubs hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, as is already the case for SES and the Rural Fire Service.’
- ‘Even the men playing the documentary's bit-parts resembled the best a schoolgirl could hope for at the local surf club's Saturday night social.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.