One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization of lifeguards in charge of safety on a particular beach.
- ‘A further $6,000 was raised by the local surf club in last September's surfboat row from Ballina.’
- ‘Even the men playing the documentary's bit-parts resembled the best a schoolgirl could hope for at the local surf club's Saturday night social.’
- ‘In the wake of the mass exodus of young board riders from the surf club, they attempt to form their own organisation, and organise their own events.’
- ‘This cover would be through the Treasury Managed Fund, saving surf clubs hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, as is already the case for SES and the Rural Fire Service.’
- ‘The course will align Surfing FNC to the local surf clubs for the bronze medallion and proficiency update.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.