One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A competitive display of the skills of members of a surf lifesaving club.‘the club would also like to thank its many supporters who assisted in the surf carnival’
- ‘The North Cronulla U23s are proving one of the best in the state, having made the final of every surf carnival they have contested this season.’
- ‘The Australia Day celebrations continued at the rocky Comoro beach where a traditional surf carnival was held without the golden sands.’
- ‘Roo is busy planning the wedding on Thursday, but Harvey is preoccupied with the surf carnival.’
- ‘In 1988, she met with a team of lifeguards after they won the surf carnival at Terrigal Beach in Sydney.’
- ‘We're televising the surf carnival; what about coming along as an expert commentator?’
- ‘Over summer there are loads of activities, from fairs to markets, surf carnivals to beauty pageants, there's even a photographic competition.’
- ‘It's clear by some of the events planned, like a surf carnival, that tourism has well and truly arrived.’
- ‘Businesses in Bells Beach won't get supplementary payments if the water's flat when the surf carnival comes around.’
- ‘They knew about surf clubs, surf carnivals, the boats, the swimming races, the belt races, all that sort of stuff.’
- ‘Surf Life Saving NSW is putting on a surf carnival, including demonstrations of water safety and races for nippers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.