One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A competitive display of the skills of members of a surf lifesaving club.‘the club would also like to thank its many supporters who assisted in the surf carnival’
- ‘Over summer there are loads of activities, from fairs to markets, surf carnivals to beauty pageants, there's even a photographic competition.’
- ‘Businesses in Bells Beach won't get supplementary payments if the water's flat when the surf carnival comes around.’
- ‘We're televising the surf carnival; what about coming along as an expert commentator?’
- ‘It's clear by some of the events planned, like a surf carnival, that tourism has well and truly arrived.’
- ‘The Australia Day celebrations continued at the rocky Comoro beach where a traditional surf carnival was held without the golden sands.’
- ‘Roo is busy planning the wedding on Thursday, but Harvey is preoccupied with the surf carnival.’
- ‘Surf Life Saving NSW is putting on a surf carnival, including demonstrations of water safety and races for nippers.’
- ‘They knew about surf clubs, surf carnivals, the boats, the swimming races, the belt races, all that sort of stuff.’
- ‘In 1988, she met with a team of lifeguards after they won the surf carnival at Terrigal Beach in Sydney.’
- ‘The North Cronulla U23s are proving one of the best in the state, having made the final of every surf carnival they have contested this season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.