One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Technically perfect, she stuck her landings with sureness and confidence.’
- ‘Yesterday, the Pope's certainty in his destiny was strong as ever but this time the clergy who gathered around him sensed a different kind of sureness.’
- ‘There is a sureness of way, a gentle dignity and steadiness of purpose about a camel.’
- ‘It is meticulously incised with an image startling in its sureness of line, composition and structure, and magnificent in its subtlety.’
- ‘That may sound dull, but he composed with a lyrical sureness of balance that makes his art as pure and purifying as he hoped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.