Relating to the calf of the leg.
- ‘Careful blunt dissection was performed with care taken not to sever the cutaneous branches of the sural nerve.’
- ‘The union between the peroneal communicating and the medial sural cutaneous nerves was seen on 159 sides.’
- ‘The popliteal occasionally provides a small saphenous artery (arteria saphena parva) that courses with the vein of the same name and the sural nerve to the tarsus.’
- ‘No patient reported symptoms at the lateral cutaneous branch of the superficial peroneal nerve or the sural nerve.’
- ‘The lateral sural cutaneous nerve (seen for the first time) and the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve are identified.’
Early 17th century: from modern Latin suralis, from Latin sura ‘calf’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.