One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated above the orbit of the eye.
- ‘With the patient looking directly ahead, palpate the supraorbital notch above the midline pupil in the mid-to-lower eyebrow.’
- ‘In such cases, the supraorbital branch passes through the supraorbital foramen, through which the undivided nerve ordinarily passes.’
- ‘The supratrochlear nerve exits along the upper border of the orbit, approximately 1 cm medial to the supraorbital foramen.’
- ‘During my dissection, I found that the muscle had a broad-based origin from near the midline to the supraorbital notch.’
- ‘Electrical stimulation of the supraorbital nerve in the supraorbital foramen was used to evoke the blink reflex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.