Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated above the orbit of the eye.
- ‘The supratrochlear nerve exits along the upper border of the orbit, approximately 1 cm medial to the supraorbital foramen.’
- ‘During my dissection, I found that the muscle had a broad-based origin from near the midline to the supraorbital notch.’
- ‘In such cases, the supraorbital branch passes through the supraorbital foramen, through which the undivided nerve ordinarily passes.’
- ‘Electrical stimulation of the supraorbital nerve in the supraorbital foramen was used to evoke the blink reflex.’
- ‘With the patient looking directly ahead, palpate the supraorbital notch above the midline pupil in the mid-to-lower eyebrow.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.