Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated, occurring, or originating above a nucleus of the central nervous system.‘progressive supranuclear palsy’
- ‘The remaining 19 patients showed miscellaneous neuropathologic diagnoses, including normal pressure hydrocephalus and progressive supranuclear palsy.’
- ‘Aggregation of smooth endoplasmic reticulum in the supranuclear region has also been described in the brush cells of the striped snake.’
- ‘More specific details about cases of multiple system atrophy and progressive supranuclear palsy and about atypical cases are reported elsewhere.’
- ‘The cytoplasmic staining in both the hyperplasias and proliferative endometria was characterized by a paranuclear reaction, predominantly in the subnuclear/basal compartment, but also in the supranuclear region.’
- ‘Of these 18 patients, autopsy results confirmed AD in 17 and progressive supranuclear palsy in one.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.