Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated, occurring, or originating above a nucleus of the central nervous system.
- ‘Aggregation of smooth endoplasmic reticulum in the supranuclear region has also been described in the brush cells of the striped snake.’
- ‘The cytoplasmic staining in both the hyperplasias and proliferative endometria was characterized by a paranuclear reaction, predominantly in the subnuclear/basal compartment, but also in the supranuclear region.’
- ‘Of these 18 patients, autopsy results confirmed AD in 17 and progressive supranuclear palsy in one.’
- ‘The remaining 19 patients showed miscellaneous neuropathologic diagnoses, including normal pressure hydrocephalus and progressive supranuclear palsy.’
- ‘More specific details about cases of multiple system atrophy and progressive supranuclear palsy and about atypical cases are reported elsewhere.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.