One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated, occurring, or originating above a nucleus of the central nervous system.‘progressive supranuclear palsy’
- ‘More specific details about cases of multiple system atrophy and progressive supranuclear palsy and about atypical cases are reported elsewhere.’
- ‘The cytoplasmic staining in both the hyperplasias and proliferative endometria was characterized by a paranuclear reaction, predominantly in the subnuclear/basal compartment, but also in the supranuclear region.’
- ‘Of these 18 patients, autopsy results confirmed AD in 17 and progressive supranuclear palsy in one.’
- ‘Aggregation of smooth endoplasmic reticulum in the supranuclear region has also been described in the brush cells of the striped snake.’
- ‘The remaining 19 patients showed miscellaneous neuropathologic diagnoses, including normal pressure hydrocephalus and progressive supranuclear palsy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.