One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting structures composed of several or many molecules.
- ‘The major difference is that although fatty acid vesicles are long-lived supramolecular structures, their molecular components are in rapid dynamic equilibrium with the surrounding solution and with each other.’
- ‘In all these studies involving relatively short-chain phospholipids, it is of interest to know what supramolecular structures the phospholipid assemblies form in aqueous solutions of the relevant buffer and salt composition.’
- ‘Multimeric molecules may also be organized into supramolecular structures presenting discrete adhesion domains within the extracellular environment.’
- ‘To our knowledge we have characterized for the first time supramolecular aggregates of polyproline structures other than collagen.’
- ‘From the water behavior we could determine five different concentration domains that are related to the supramolecular structures formed by the peptide in solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.