One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lymphocyte which can suppress antibody production by other lymphoid cells.
- ‘The immunosuppressive effect noted by Elmets and Bowen was adoptively transferable suggesting the generation of suppressor cells.’
- ‘Instead of silencing the attackers directly, we learned how to generate another type of cell, called a regulatory or suppressor cell, which essentially turns off the attackers.’
- ‘Immune suppression has been associated with the release of cytokines, a defect in antigen presentation, induction of suppressor T cells and suppression of contact hypersensitivity.’
- ‘After the invader has been destroyed, suppressor T cells chemically notify B cells and helper T cells to return to a dormant state.’
- ‘Despite all of the uncertainties, the concept of the suppressor cell has been supported by various data as a mechanism of tolerance induction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.