Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sequence of processes involved in the production and distribution of a commodity.
- ‘We recognize the role of all stakeholders in the supply chain, internal and external to each business.’
- ‘The fuel cells would also reduce demand on the supply chain and distribution system.’
- ‘Ten large suppliers in the region are now primed to open up sub-contract opportunities in the supply chain.’
- ‘Often they are employed at the bottom of the supply chain for supermarkets and other multinationals.’
- ‘What HP wants to do now is wring profits out of its supply chain, just like every other manufacturer and distributor.’
- ‘A supply chain is a mechanism that enables products to be available in the right amount, at the right place and time.’
- ‘Supermarket price wars have put pressure on all parts of the supply chain.’
- ‘The high quality of local produce and the good supply chain meant it was a natural choice over cheaper ingredients from abroad.’
- ‘Even small firms in the supply chain of larger firms may have to fight off foreign competition.’
- ‘All suppliers can see problems throughout the entire supply chain and it may now be too late to change the bad habits of the boom.’
- ‘He set about cleaning up the business, focusing on customer service, the supply chain, marketing and branding.’
- ‘How will the gross margin be distributed among the various elements of the supply chain?’
- ‘This seems to be a pretty good indicator that a shorter supply chain and quicker response time work.’
- ‘If you want to be able to differentiate your products, the supply chain is critical for that.’
- ‘Logistics firms were beginning to play a huge part in the global supply chain of the multinational companies.’
- ‘Many observers agree that the automotive industry is running its supply chain well.’
- ‘Given a long supply chain and a complex process, it is natural to want to control the variables.’
- ‘Members include key sectors of the supply chain, including farmers and producers.’
- ‘He called for a partnership throughout the supply chain that would share the risks as well as the benefits.’
- ‘He says most exporters are part of a supply chain, so any delays can have a serious impact on business.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.