Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting or relating to a policy designed to increase output and employment by changing the conditions under which goods and services are supplied, especially by measures which reduce government involvement in the economy and allow the free market to operate.
- ‘The most common types of regional policies are supply-side policies, which attempt to improve the environment for local investment by upgrading the quality of the local production factor inputs.’
- ‘Eradication of the plants used as the raw material for narcotics production is one of many supply-side policy options available to governments.’
- ‘The backlash brought monetarist and supply-side doctrines into prominence.’
- ‘Both concentrate on supply-side policy, using the stick of ‘employability’ as an excuse to downgrade welfare benefits.’
- ‘These results question Canada's mass expenditure on supply-side policies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.