One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a policy designed to increase output and employment by changing the conditions under which goods and services are supplied, especially by measures that reduce regulation and taxation.Compare with demand-side
- ‘These results question Canada's mass expenditure on supply-side policies.’
- ‘The most common types of regional policies are supply-side policies, which attempt to improve the environment for local investment by upgrading the quality of the local production factor inputs.’
- ‘Eradication of the plants used as the raw material for narcotics production is one of many supply-side policy options available to governments.’
- ‘The backlash brought monetarist and supply-side doctrines into prominence.’
- ‘Both concentrate on supply-side policy, using the stick of ‘employability’ as an excuse to downgrade welfare benefits.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.