One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Motivated or caused by the aspect of the economy concerned with the production and distribution of goods and services.‘the industry's metamorphosis from a supply-driven market to one driven by demand will happen quickly’‘a supply-driven increase in the price of oil’
- ‘It is based on a traditional top-down supply-driven approach that provides little or no voice to the farmer.’
- ‘His thesis is that higher education is supply-driven, over-regulated, and insufficiently responsive to the demands of its students.’
- ‘In the supply-driven scholarly publication market of the 1960s, historians began looking for other outlets.’
- ‘Indigenous housing policy over the past decade has been dominated by supply-driven programs.’
- ‘In the energy sector, carbon taxes and supply-driven increases in the price of natural gas are driving electricity companies to turn to wind.’
- ‘The economics from a developer's perspective remain overwhelmingly in favour of sprawl, and may explain why the supply-driven housing production system ignores new markets.’
- ‘The industry's metamorphosis from a supply-driven market to a more dynamic one driven by demand will happen more quickly and erratically than we expect.’
- ‘Political tensions will lead to a significant supply-driven price shock.’
- ‘The market is transitioning from what has historically been a supply-driven industry.’
- ‘The projection models seem to be more demand-driven than supply-driven in general.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.