One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He held both my hands in a supplicatory gesture and with tears in his eyes responded that he would never forget my saying such a kind word!’
- ‘There may have been blessings which did not have a supplicatory aspect.’
- ‘The supplicatory prayers recited before and during the Days of Awe are among the most poetic and stirring prayers.’
- ‘Usually, a supplicatory sabda is recited upon rising for ardas.’
- ‘Here we see the skillful sermonic use of dhikr (remembrance of God) and du'a (supplicatory prayer) to seize the audience's attention, leading them along with rhythm and repetition, so as to evoke in them the affects and attitudes that will enable them to listen properly and benefit from the sermon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.