Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A synthetic stretchable fabric which is permeable to air and water vapour, used in sports and outdoor clothing.
- ‘Summer weight Supplex nylon has a unique moisture-management treatment to help disperse perspiration.’
- ‘The material behaves the same as our standard Supplex, but is ultra lightweight with a more satiny feel.’
- ‘The outer shell is made of the warm Supplex fabric and the inside is flannel to match the band on the outside.’
- ‘Activewear garments utilising Supplex fabrics will hold their great shape and vibrant colour - as only nylon can - through vigorous exercise, sun and surf, and repeated washings and dryings.’
- ‘With the introduction of high-tech fabrics like Supplex in the 1990s, the world of dancewear and athletic gear took a step closer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.