One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of two angles whose sum is 180°.
- ‘In this section, we are going to deal with vertical angles and supplementary angles in a different way.’
- ‘So, for example 60° is the measure of the complementary angle to 30° while 150° is the measure of the supplementary angle to 30°.’
- ‘It is a further object of this invention to measure an angle, its complementary angle and its supplementary angle simultaneously.’
- ‘This lesson introduces supplementary angles and prepares students to figure angle sums of polygons.’
- ‘The supplementary angle of the interior angle, or the difference between the interior angle and 180°, is referred to as the ‘neighbour-avoidance index’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.