[mass noun] The action of supervising someone or something:‘he was placed under the supervision of a probation officer’‘she let them work without supervision’
administration, management, direction, control, chargeobservation, inspection, guidance, custody, charge, safe keeping, care, guardianship, wardship, leadershipView synonyms
- ‘Therefore, regulation and supervision are needed.’
- ‘Their purpose is the supervision, monitoring or control of persons or places.’
- ‘Secondly, this production regime is relatively costly in terms of its requirements for supervision and management.’
- ‘In short, the world's international system of finance is heading for a new era - and one with little supervision or control.’
- ‘Today, he is still under medical supervision, in the care of his mother.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.