One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A subatomic particle in a version of string theory that incorporates supersymmetry.
- ‘The current great excitement amongst theoretical physicists for superstrings has arisen because this idea provides the first good candidate for a Theory of Everything.’
- ‘Uniting these two different symmetries is highly nontrivial and leads us directly to supersymmetry and superstrings.’
- ‘When fermions are added to make superstrings, the mathematics becomes more complicated but the structures and symmetries become more rich.’
- ‘We still don't know the fundamental M theory, but a lot has been learned about the eleven-dimensional M theory and how it relates to superstrings in ten spacetime dimensions.’
- ‘Despite recent encouraging possibilities that superstrings might have observable effects at the TeV scale, string theory remains an almost exclusively mathematical activity isolated from any serious threat of experimental test.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.