One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mark tells us that a superscription was written; Matthew, that it was set up over his head; Luke, that it was written in three languages; and John, that Pilate was the writer.’
- ‘The expected topics (authorship, date, etc.) are dispensed with under a lengthy comment on the superscription.’
- ‘The superscriptions and a new group of psalms then resume with Psalm 108, which is a composite psalm made up of parts of other psalms.’
- ‘The ink on his superscription was barely dry when the Royal Navy obliged off Puerto Cabello.’
- ‘On the 9th of March the postman brought three or four letters, and among them a thick one whose superscription was in a hand which seemed dimly familiar to me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.