One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Increase the concentration of (a solution) beyond saturation point.‘water can become supersaturated with excessive amounts of atmospheric gases’‘a supersaturated solution’
cram full, fill to excess, overfill, overload, oversupply, saturate, flood, inundate, deluge, swampView synonyms
- ‘On the other hand, if they are prepared from alloy powders, their properties and corrosion resistance are better, especially if the rapid cooling or atomizing is exploited to supersaturate the aluminum, and no segregation is present.’
- ‘Instead, single silicon carbide crystals are formed by the condensation of supersaturated vapor.’
- ‘However, as the water passes through the turbines, with ever-present air, it becomes supersaturated with nitrogen.’
- ‘The object is to produce minute crystals in a supersaturated solution of sugar, giving a ‘creamy’ texture to the finished product.’
- ‘Obstruction of the cystic duct causes the intraluminal pressure within the gall bladder to increase and, together with cholesterol supersaturated bile, triggers an acute inflammatory response.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.