One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Tensile ductility during transformation superplasticity is compared with that during isothermal creep at the average, effective cycling temperature, and a numerical model is used to show the effect of thermal gradients in limiting superplastic elongation.’
- ‘In particular, he says, their superplasticity could eliminate the need for expensive machining techniques when shaping titanium alloys into products.’
- ‘The scope of superplasticity has also broadened materials-wise, and now includes, in addition to metals: intermetallics, ceramics, bulk metallic glasses, nanostructured materials and composites.’
- ‘Engineers can also readily mold or bend the materials at room temperature into various shapes, a property called superplasticity.’
- ‘Observations of superplasticity in metals (including aluminum, magnesium, iron, titanium and nickel), ceramics (including monoliths and composites), intermetallics (including iron, nickel, and titanium base), and laminates are thoroughly described.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.