One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large snow-covered sloping channel with a U-shaped cross section, on which snowboarders or freestyle skiers perform aerial manoeuvres.‘he soared to a record 24 feet above the superpipe’Compare with halfpipe
- ‘There are also four terrain parks and a 400 ft competition superpipe.’
- ‘Last night, we were watching the Winter X Games, women's Superpipe.’
- ‘Aspen Skiing Company is going so far as to move its superpipe from high on Buttermilk Mountain to a spot downhill for easier viewing.’
- ‘A regular pipe, like Sauveur, has 10- to 12-foot walls, a superpipe has 15- to 18-foot walls.’
- ‘Most of the aerial action at Mammoth takes place at Unbound, an über-terrain park with 30 acres of rails, jumps, and the headline feature, the superpipe.’
- ‘The resort is a training area for many of the top riders in the superpipe, and the area continues to host offseason training.’
- ‘When you drop over the lip of a superpipe, crouch low over your board to rip across the belly of the beast, then push against centrifugal force and zip up the opposite wall.’
- ‘A superpipe is being constructed in preparation for the championships and it will be 150m long with a wall height of five metres.’
- ‘If you like to jump, then take it to the Freestyle Park, with more than 120 different jumps and California's only Superpipe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.