One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ordered arrangement of certain atoms in a solid solution which is superimposed on the solvent crystal lattice.
- ‘Another model for cholesterol lateral distribution, namely the superlattice model (or regular distribution model), has been proposed recently.’
- ‘Finally, they fix these superlattices in position by baking the particles at 560°C for about 30 minutes - this decomposes the soap molecules to form a hard carbon crust that holds the magnetic particles in position.’
- ‘Thus, some key issues about the superlattices remain unsolved: How could such crystal-like structures exist in a bilayer without rigid chemical bonds between molecules?’
- ‘This exciton model suitably described the main features of their optical properties, including the influence of the superlattice organization of several adjacent rod aggregates in chlorosomes.’
- ‘It is based on a superlattice composed of alternating single crystal ‘stripes’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.