One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A benevolent fictional character with superhuman powers, such as Superman.
- ‘It was rather strange that their real-life was weirder then the comic-scape of fictional superheroes.’
- ‘What I liked about the character was that he didn't come off as a superhero.’
- ‘At best, superheroes are adolescent morality plays.’
- ‘Not a superhero in sight; these comics were more concerned with smaller worlds, autobiographical in style.’
- ‘Batman, as you may know,'s the best out of all the superheroes because he isn't actually super at all - he's a human hero.’
- ‘You're more likely to get buzz on your movie if it's a superhero comic adaptation, rather than an original action movie.’
- ‘Comics are more than just spaceships and superheroes, so a strong grasp of character and composition is important.’
- ‘Why do you think superheroes attract such devoted readers?’
- ‘It's about a team of telepathic superheroes who can read each other's thoughts - that's right, without moving their lips.’
- ‘The sort of hope intrinsic to superheroes: that no matter how desperate the situation, there's always a way out.’
- ‘In it, players control a superhero character and are able to perform a variety of stylistic fight moves.’
- ‘Many superheroes of bygone eras possess powers that exist in some way in the natural world or derive from real inventions.’
- ‘Anytime anyone goes off about how worthless old-time superheroes are, I just remember this film.’
- ‘Setting aside the obvious answer to the ‘who would win in a fight’ question for just a moment, let's take a good long look at each of these superheroes.’
- ‘What, superheroes have silly powers and can do impossible things?’
- ‘I could name you a dozen superheroes whose powers I'd like to have.’
- ‘Spider-Man was also the first superhero who, as a civilian, probably read comic books.’
- ‘He points to the pervasiveness of Disney and cartoon superheroes in the country, along with the absence of an established local tradition of children's literature.’
- ‘There were posters hanging all around, some of cartoon characters and some of superheroes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.