One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A helical structure formed from a number of protein or nucleic acid chains which are individually helical.
- ‘Consequently, they proposed a compact structural motif for the entire peptide in which the [beta] sheet structure of the superhelix is a sheet with three strands connected by two turns.’
- ‘The crystal structure reveals a novel supercoil structure in which four parallel WAT chains form a left-handed superhelix around an antiparallel left-handed proline rich attachment domain helix resembling polyproline II.’
- ‘Apart from its effect on the molecular free energy, the topological constraint determines the total length and diameter of the superhelix, and hence, the volume excluded to another supercoil.’
- ‘Of course, this behavior can be attributed to deficiencies in the theory, but a more obvious explanation can be found in branching of the superhelix.’
- ‘The double helix of DNA winds about individual nucleosomes, forming a superhelix.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.