One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At a convenient high point above the water level is the regulator valve, which admits steam to a main steam pipe carrying it forward to the smokebox and then through the superheater, and so to the cylinders.’
- ‘The more total evaporative heating surface and the more superheater heating surface, the more power the boiler can produce.’
- ‘An enlarged superheater was an obvious advantage in a period when the quality of coal supplied was always in doubt.’
- ‘Larger superheaters and eventually double chimneys were aids to improved performance over the years.’
- ‘Firstly, they were in regular service for 20 years with nothing more drastic than the provision of standard boilers and superheaters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.