One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exceptionally successful rock group or one formed by musicians already famous from playing in other groups.
- ‘Instead, it's just another reminder that as rock supergroups go, the whole often measures up to a little bit less than the sum of its parts.’
- ‘These five artists could form a reasonably average supergroup.’
- ‘We don't to be some kind of rock supergroup for the sake of being a supergroup.’
- ‘Considering the strengths of the individual projects of this supergroup's members this is a lacklustre collaborative effort.’
- ‘On the surface, they seem like one of those typical, progressive rock supergroup offshoots where each band member gets to show off their instrumental prowess.’
- ‘Great law firms or design companies don't spring up overnight, like rock supergroups that decide to get together one weekend.’
- ‘Mostly though, this's exploratory, passionate jazz that's made with love and skill by four singular talents; a supergroup in the truest sense of the word.’
- ‘Thankfully, for rock music, Bruce stayed at home and in 1966 formed Cream, the first of the real supergroups.’
- ‘In blurbs of press in newspapers and magazines, you'll inevitably find the words ‘Canadian indie-pop supergroup,’ usually in the header.’
- ‘All too often in the case of supergroups, the resulting whole is less than the sum of its parts.’
- ‘The problem with this record, besides barely ticking the odometer over 40 minutes despite featuring a 15-minute jam track at the end, is that it comes from a supergroup, and for a supergroup it's kinda lacking.’
- ‘While we enjoy the insights and backstage stories that those around the supergroup can provide, it would have been nice to have more input from the members themselves.’
- ‘The thing about side-project supergroups is that they're rarely as good as the member's real bands - definitely not the case here.’
- ‘Think of some of the world's most famous supergroups and you can't help but wince.’
- ‘Yes, the alt.rock supergroup were able to sell out the Toronto stop on their current tour supporting their upcoming sophomore disc.’
- ‘Unlike its German counterparts' stereotypical efficiency and precise work methods, however, the Finnish supergroup is more loose, prolific, and soulful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.