One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Gravity as described or predicted by a supersymmetric quantum field theory.
- ‘If global supersymmetry doesn't work, then what about local supersymmetry, i.e. supergravity?’
- ‘The dream of a theory that would allow calculation of scattering to arbitrary accuracy led people to reject quantum general relativity, and supergravity, on the grounds that they were non-renormalizable.’
- ‘Lurking in the 11 th dimension was an entirely new theory which could reduce down to 11 dimensional supergravity as well as 10 dimensional string theory and p-brane theory.’
- ‘His groundbreaking work in the areas of superstring theory, supersymmetry and supergravity has made him a leading expert on the topic.’
- ‘Before string theory won the full attention of the theoretical physics community, the most popular unified theory was an eleven dimensional theory of supergravity, which is supersymmetry combined with gravity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.