One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for supercluster
- ‘The role of galaxy destruction by merging, leading to a new supergalaxy, has been underappreciated until recently.’
- ‘Galaxies are also seen in the process of swinging through each other, colliding and sometimes merging to form a supergalaxy.’
- ‘A few billion years from now, the Milky Way and Andromeda will likely tidally interact in a collision or near-collision to form a possible star-burst supergalaxy, later maturing into a giant elliptical galaxy.’
- ‘Astronomy extends from the tiny moons around Mars to vast supergalaxies billions of light years away, worm - holes, and tachyons.’
- ‘It is believed that dark matter predominates in galaxies and supergalaxies, and is the key to understanding how galaxies form and how the large structure of the cosmos is created.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.