One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property of flowing without friction or viscosity, as shown by liquid helium below about 2.18 kelvins.
- ‘As far as we know, superfluidity is a unique consequence of Bose - Einstein condensation, although condensation does not necessarily produce a superfluid.’
- ‘The researchers were able to exploit the link between second sound and superfluidity to prove that superfluid helium - 3 and superfluid helium - 4 were present in their experiment at the same time.’
- ‘Used in the explanation of superfluidity, this phenomenon enables a significant fraction of the particles to occupy a single quantum state.’
- ‘Known as superfluidity, the phenomenon allows the liquid to flow endlessly around a loop-shaped pipe without slowing down.’
- ‘In addition to being fascinating in their own right, experiments on quantum gases are relevant to many different areas of physics - from atomic clocks and quantum computing to superfluidity and quantum phase transitions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.