Extraordinarily good; wonderful.‘the only word to characterize Kepler's discoveries was ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’’‘a supercalifragilistic day of fun’
very good, superb, outstanding, magnificent, of high quality, of the highest quality, of the highest standard, exceptional, marvellous, wonderful, sublime, perfect, eminent, pre-eminent, matchless, peerless, supreme, first-rate, first-class, superior, superlative, splendid, admirable, worthy, sterling, fineView synonyms
- ‘Here's New Yorker cartoonist Matthew Diffee with one of his inexplicably rejected cartoons, from last week's supercalifragilistic Rejection Show (which Diffee co-founded, along with cheerfully deadpan host Jon Friedman).’
- ‘Case in point: The supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Planetree Alliance.’
- ‘Isn't it absolutely supercalifragilisticexpialidocious that Alan Shearer got a step closer to a trophy with Newcastle this weekend?’
- ‘Although it misses the mark on a couple of occasions, I'm sure the families who are sure to flock to it in their thousands will find it to be just supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.’
- ‘It is hands down the most supercalifragilistic place in the world and the moment I arrived I was panic-stricken at the thought of leaving.’
- ‘It's been a supercalifragilistic autumn!’
1940s: apparently a fanciful formation based on super, popularized by the 1964 film "Mary Poppins".
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.