Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A high-performance motorcycle.
- ‘How many people have you seen lately riding the latest superbike on a hot sunny day, wearing a T-shirt, track pants and runners?’
- ‘I've been on runs with some of the lads on superbikes and the machine just leaves them for dead round corners.’
- ‘Nowadays the touring cars and superbikes, the two premier spectator events of the year, provide less than half the circuit's income.’
- ‘The superbike series will also be the fastest race series to come to the Mondello circuit for many years, with bikes expected to top 180 mph.’
- ‘But crucially for a superbike rider, this also means that you will receive some of the finest equipment.’
- ‘On 600s you are also allowed only a small amount of adjustments, whereas in superbikes you're allowed an infinite number.’
- ‘Despite the speeds he reached Alec, who is more used to riding 1,000 cc superbikes, was not worried about falling off.’
- ‘I am fairly superstitious, and the fact that I was left with an injury that only stopped me from riding superbikes, and not from doing anything else, made me think it was meant to be.’
- ‘The full spectrum of motorcycle history will be on display from the humble vintage cyclemotor through to the superbikes of today.’
- ‘But I make it up when two superbikes decide they'll cut me up, and we effortlessly keep pace as they attempt to shoot off into the distance.’
- ‘The expo will feature classic, vintage, sports, touring and cruiser bikes, as well as a number of superbikes.’
- ‘With its high-tech materials, quick reflexes and smooth ride, this bike feels every bit as responsive as any of the big-buck superbikes on the market.’
- ‘The former world superbike champion was placed 339, 36 places down on his standing last year.’
- ‘Since they changed the rules on grand prix bikes, basically allowing them to be the same as superbikes, a lot of people were predicting the end of the sport.’
- ‘The superbike brakes are superb with just the right feel during emergency braking.’
- ‘The Toy Run is open to all motorcyclists from 50 cc scooters to 1500 cc superbikes and is not restricted to motorcycle club members.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.