One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their ruthless exploitation was guided by the myth of superabundance: the belief that water, soil, forests, wildlife and fisheries were inexhaustible.’
- ‘Or was I supposed to admire it as a superabundance of vitality for which I was never going to be any match?’
- ‘The superabundance of media is truly unprecedented, and so is the challenge that they pose to our autonomy as thinking individuals rather than just consumers.’
- ‘The 33-page document, published on Tuesday, provided a superabundance of generalities and concepts, but remained abstract on firm spending targets.’
- ‘In Finland, blessed with a superabundance of trees, wood has assumed the status of national material, its expressive and regenerative qualities forging a powerful connection with the Finnish psyche.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.