One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Above; over; beyond.‘superlunary’‘superstructure’
- 1.1 To a great or extreme degree.‘superabundant’‘supercool’
- 1.2 Extra large of its kind.‘supercontinent’
- 1.3 Having greater influence, capacity, etc. than another of its kind.‘superbike’‘superpower’chief, principal, foremost, leading, main, pre-eminent, cardinal, major, prime, premier, elite, star, outstanding, ultra-, super-View synonyms
- 1.4 Of a higher kind (especially in names of classificatory divisions)‘superfamily’
- 1.1 To a great or extreme degree.
From Latin super-, from super ‘above, beyond’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.