Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place sheltered from the wind and positioned to receive much sunshine.‘the pool is enclosed by the bungalows, palm trees, and bushes and is a real suntrap’
- ‘The courtyard, encased within high stone walls, is a suntrap, and the current owners, who live in the coach-house, make good use of the sheltered amenity.’
- ‘The private patio at the side of the house is a suntrap, surrounded by shrubs and hedgerows.’
- ‘The beach faces south-west and is a perfect suntrap, and so you can just laze about and do nothing.’
- ‘Situated in a sheltered wooded valley, our dive site is protected from wind and acts as a suntrap on this bright morning.’
- ‘Lunch is served in the lower part of the garden, which is a suntrap, even in the early spring.’
- ‘This makes a perfect suntrap of a terrace, on which the girls can sunbathe.’
- ‘There is a small suntrap garden at the back and the toilets are relatively clean.’
- ‘Double doors lead from here to a suntrap patio garden.’
- ‘While there is a shrubbery to the front, the main outdoor attractions of this house lie at the rear where a large patio area has been developed on two levels in a real suntrap.’
- ‘Steps from this suntrap lead up to the garden proper, which features a lawn and shrubs.’
- ‘The Taurus mountain range runs right along this southern coast of Turkey and protects the beaches from north winds making them a wonderful suntrap.’
- ‘The mature and beautifully presented gardens are full of wildlife, with extensive lawns and a completely private suntrap paved patio.’
- ‘From here there is access to a timber deck roof garden, which should be a real suntrap.’
- ‘Some years ago, I tried growing them on my suntrap London terrace.’
- ‘In addition, there is off-street parking entered through electronic gates and a private suntrap patio area.’
- ‘The front garden is well maintained while the back garden, a suntrap which is not overlooked, has a large selection of mature plants, shrubs and specimen trees.’
- ‘Offstreet parking is available in a driveway to the front, while the 60 foot long back garden includes lawns, shrubs, flowers, trees and a suntrap patio area.’
- ‘The front garden is laid out in gravel, while the large lawn to the rear provides an evening suntrap.’
- ‘Hope End is no exception: the sloping south-facing garden is a suntrap, backed by ornamental trees and facing open pasture land.’
- ‘Although the yard to the rear is small, it is a south-west facing suntrap.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.