One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A law requiring certain proceedings of governmental agencies to be open or available to the public.
- ‘Nor have any criteria been established for withholding and protecting the information,’ he says, referring both to federal and state governments, which have sunshine laws requiring public disclosure.’
- ‘They outline the issues associated with sunshine laws and consider ways to enhance openness.’
- ‘On one hand, many campus officials assiduously maintain that sunshine laws have greatly reduced the ability of public colleges and universities to recruit highly qualified candidates for their presidencies.’
- ‘The people of Taiwan had high expectations about the disclosure law, often called the ‘sunshine law.’’
- ‘Board members, in particular, view sunshine laws as having enhanced public confidence in the work of their boards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.