One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A panel in the roof of a car that can be opened for extra ventilation.
- ‘You will have to pay a little bit extra for metallic paint and alloys (and an electric sunroof also falls into the ‘optional’ category).’
- ‘Both models come with alloy wheels, climate control and CD player as standard but it is worth forking out the extra €500 or so for the sunroof, as it is huge.’
- ‘They want leather seats, lumbar support, and sturdy cup holders; younger buyers, meanwhile, list premium audio systems with CD changers and sunroofs as higher priorities.’
- ‘You will have to pay extra for a sunroof and - this one is a bit of a puzzle - for rear centre three-point belts.’
- ‘Six or seven cars were damaged, with bonnets dented, sunroofs smashed and scrapings on the sides of the cars.’
- ‘But you will have to pay extra for the best option - twin electric sunroofs that will delight adults and children alike on a sunny day.’
- ‘Depending on the model, the complaints range from faulty key fobs and leaky sunroofs to balky electronics that leave drivers and their passengers stranded.’
- ‘Children can easily get sunburnt through open car windows and sunroofs, so make sure their arms and legs are covered with loose clothing, attach shades to the windows and apply a high factor sunscreen.’
- ‘Buyers are snapping up options from navigation systems to sunroofs, ponying up as much as $35,000 for the cheeky little car.’
- ‘The ‘as standard’ list is long, including tinted glass, a very good stereo, electric windows, remote central locking, air-con and electric sunroof.’
- ‘Doors should be locked, windows closed and sunroofs shut when your car is unattended.’
- ‘With everyone hanging out their windows or standing through their sunroofs, accompanied by the endless crowds of people on the streets, it was quite the scene.’
- ‘These include a rain sensing system which will not only turn on the wipers, but also close the windows and the sunroof if they are open.’
- ‘Lock all doors, windows, boots and sunroofs every time you leave your car, however briefly’
- ‘And when we drive through town, I'll open the sunroof and we can all poke our heads out like in the movies.’
- ‘If possible, try to keep windows and sunroofs closed especially at high speeds.’
- ‘The interior features all of the utility-focused seating versatility that consumers expect in a crossover, and is topped off with one of the panoramic sunroofs that is all the rage in vehicle design lately.’
- ‘It's fashionable, performs excellently, and came with two air bags and a sunroof.’
- ‘The test model came with twin electrically operated sunroofs.’
- ‘Every detail of the car is exactly as it would have been when new, down to the sliding sunroof, the very first of its kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.