One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Widening pleats radiating out from a skirt's waistband.
- ‘The rest looked elegant in strapless gowns, sunray pleats, plunging necklines and backless dresses to the tail-bone.’
- ‘She showed off her clever construction and tailoring skills with delicate ruching and sunray pleats and sleeves that had been delicately gathered to create just the right amount of puff.’
- ‘Long and shorter skirts had sunray pleats.’
- ‘I've bought 4 dresses and 1 skirt featuring sunray pleats, and each time I forget that they really only seem to flatter tall willowy teenagers.’
- ‘Just wondering if anyone has seen any dresses with sunray pleats?’
- ‘My clothes are gorgeous including a white satin evening gown with sunray pleats and some loose, very feminine culottes.’
- ‘I remember trying on one with the sunray pleats and I looked like the side of a house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.