Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A day-flowering North American plant with yellow flowers, related to the evening primrose.
- ‘While sundrops are still in the rosette stage, they are very easy to pull up and move around.’
- ‘More than half the sundrops and evening primroses under evaluation finished the trial with a good or excellent rating.’
- ‘I've lost the label for this plant, but I think it is a variety of sundrops, Oenothera, perhaps the species is fruticosa.’
- ‘Yes, plant the sundrops in the ground to the same depth as they are in the planter that you bought them in.’
- ‘The bright flowers of sundrops liven up perennial borders and wildflower meadows.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.