One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A day-flowering North American plant with yellow flowers, related to the evening primrose.
Genera Oenothera and Calylophus, family Onagraceae
- ‘Yes, plant the sundrops in the ground to the same depth as they are in the planter that you bought them in.’
- ‘While sundrops are still in the rosette stage, they are very easy to pull up and move around.’
- ‘The bright flowers of sundrops liven up perennial borders and wildflower meadows.’
- ‘More than half the sundrops and evening primroses under evaluation finished the trial with a good or excellent rating.’
- ‘I've lost the label for this plant, but I think it is a variety of sundrops, Oenothera, perhaps the species is fruticosa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.