One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class held on Sundays to teach children about Christianity or Judaism.
- ‘The event, organised by the Sunday school of Stillingfleet Parish Church, was planned as an alternative to a nativity play.’
- ‘Mrs Pye became a well-known figure in the town and was a stalwart of St David's Church, where she taught at the Sunday school.’
- ‘There was a lot of religious convention: going to church and church school and Sunday school.’
- ‘They were devoted members of the Upham Road United Reformed Church, where Frank ran the Sunday school for a number of years.’
- ‘Regularly three times a week we have meetings and continue to teach children in our Sunday school.’
- ‘He was very active in church, teaching Sunday school and leading youth for many years.’
- ‘They have been given Bibles, tracts and other Christian material, and some have even started coming to our Sunday school.’
- ‘Mr Finch said the scheme would also cut off the vicarage from the Methodist church in Stockbridge Road, which runs a joint Sunday school.’
- ‘We had a thriving church, three services on Sundays and a four-class Sunday school.’
- ‘At the same time, a Sunday school for children was established.’
- ‘As a child I went to Sunday school and church every week.’
- ‘In addition, it is hoped that the church can set up a Sunday school around the nearby Orbital Shopping Centre.’
- ‘In the three years the congregation has grown to more than 100 and along with the Sunday school there is now a Bible class for teenagers.’
- ‘This idea was shelved, and the church was used only as a Sunday school.’
- ‘At my old Sunday school in Mosgiel we were taught that those were important Christian principles.’
- ‘Wanting to preserve and transmit a great culture, we even teach Sunday school and Hebrew classes.’
- ‘Josephine has only finished third grade but decided to enroll in a Sunday school at a local church in Virginia.’
- ‘We had a new student who had never been to Sunday school or summer Bible school before.’
- ‘Smith started the brigade as a means of controlling the boys who attended his Scottish free church Sunday school.’
- ‘A long-standing member of the Parish Church, who ran the Sunday school for many years, has died aged 101.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.