One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Christian principle of keeping Sunday as a day of rest and worship.
- ‘‘We can't be practising our faith as a mere Sunday observance, we have to live it as if it is the most important thing in our lives, which is what it is supposed to be,’ he said.’
- ‘Then they were taken for a Saturday night on the town in Stornoway by a willing group of local men, only to find the pubs and clubs then closed before midnight because of Sunday observance.’
- ‘This time his campaign was particularly focused on Sunday observance.’
- ‘Protestants exerted significant influence, especially in enforcing strict Sunday observance, promoting temperance reform, and restricting facilities for gambling.’
- ‘Sabbath and Sunday observance acquire dramatic significance only within the context of a certain historical situation for Adventism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.