One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Christian principle of keeping Sunday as a day of rest and worship.
- ‘Sabbath and Sunday observance acquire dramatic significance only within the context of a certain historical situation for Adventism.’
- ‘‘We can't be practising our faith as a mere Sunday observance, we have to live it as if it is the most important thing in our lives, which is what it is supposed to be,’ he said.’
- ‘This time his campaign was particularly focused on Sunday observance.’
- ‘Protestants exerted significant influence, especially in enforcing strict Sunday observance, promoting temperance reform, and restricting facilities for gambling.’
- ‘Then they were taken for a Saturday night on the town in Stornoway by a willing group of local men, only to find the pubs and clubs then closed before midnight because of Sunday observance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.