One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An awning erected over a window in sunny weather.
- ‘I've fixed jeeps on the Altiplano, metal sunblinds in Sevilla and kitchen cupboards in the Outer Hebrides.’
- ‘Solar gain is restricted by automatic sunblinds on the southern facades, which completely change the building's appearance.’
- ‘The panel also features a sunblind which can be pulled across offering extra shade.’
- ‘The addition of colourful projecting sunblinds layered the facade pleasingly as well as solving the climatic problem.’
- ‘The glass roof is also capable of filtering out harmful infra-red rays from the sun, and comes with a sunblind for extra shade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.