One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An awning erected over a window in sunny weather.
- ‘The addition of colourful projecting sunblinds layered the facade pleasingly as well as solving the climatic problem.’
- ‘Solar gain is restricted by automatic sunblinds on the southern facades, which completely change the building's appearance.’
- ‘The panel also features a sunblind which can be pulled across offering extra shade.’
- ‘The glass roof is also capable of filtering out harmful infra-red rays from the sun, and comes with a sunblind for extra shade.’
- ‘I've fixed jeeps on the Altiplano, metal sunblinds in Sevilla and kitchen cupboards in the Outer Hebrides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.