One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Photographs of sunbathers back on the beaches in Thailand less than a week after the tsunami devastated some coastal communities caused more than raised eyebrows here, but alas, that appears to be human nature.’
- ‘And with these words last month, he dismissed a 1994 ban on nudism at a beach called Abrico, ruling that arguments of immorality did not apply to well-behaved naked sunbathers on the outskirts of merry Rio.’
- ‘Head down by the waterfront and take a stroll along the bay from the Castell dell'Ovo to the Mergellina district to view the fishermen with their catch of tonight's dinner, and sunbathers sprawled on the flat rocks soaking up the rays.’
- ‘At Cornelian Bay, near Scarborough, 11 sunbathers who shed their clothes during the hot weather on Sunday afternoon vanished before the arrival of police alerted by a passing coastguard patrol.’
- ‘The naked sunbathers who once filled Munich's central park on warm summer days are turning their backs on Germany's famous open-air celebration to nudity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.