Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of yoga poses performed in a continuous flowing sequence and intended to improve the strength and flexibility of the muscles.‘I begin each day with a series of stretches and several sets of sun salutations’
- ‘If you know any yoga, now is the time to incorporate your sun salutation.’
- ‘I packed a yoga mat, envisaging sun salutations on the beach at dawn, but of course it stayed curled up like a Lycra cat for a fortnight.’
- ‘Yoga enthusiasts can perform sun salutations on the beach at Bacara Resort, located 10 minutes from the Santa Barbara airport.’
- ‘Even for many experienced hatha yogis, sitting still in meditation requires more effort and more courage than doing 108 sun salutations.’
- ‘Gauri then teaches the sun salutation, which students repeat multiple times, steadily increasing their speed, taking full breaths, and holding the asana.’
- ‘You could be losing sight of the spiritual side of yoga if you think you need to burn a special candle while performing your sun salutations.’
- ‘Her eight-year-old daughter practises sun salutations every morning.’
- ‘Even if you cannot manage full practice, the sun salutations and asanas would greatly help, I'm sure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.