One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of yoga poses performed in a continuous flowing sequence and intended to improve the strength and flexibility of the muscles.‘I begin each day with a series of stretches and several sets of sun salutations’
- ‘You could be losing sight of the spiritual side of yoga if you think you need to burn a special candle while performing your sun salutations.’
- ‘Even for many experienced hatha yogis, sitting still in meditation requires more effort and more courage than doing 108 sun salutations.’
- ‘Yoga enthusiasts can perform sun salutations on the beach at Bacara Resort, located 10 minutes from the Santa Barbara airport.’
- ‘I packed a yoga mat, envisaging sun salutations on the beach at dawn, but of course it stayed curled up like a Lycra cat for a fortnight.’
- ‘If you know any yoga, now is the time to incorporate your sun salutation.’
- ‘Her eight-year-old daughter practises sun salutations every morning.’
- ‘Gauri then teaches the sun salutation, which students repeat multiple times, steadily increasing their speed, taking full breaths, and holding the asana.’
- ‘Even if you cannot manage full practice, the sun salutations and asanas would greatly help, I'm sure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.