Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room with large windows and sometimes a glass roof, designed to allow in a lot of sunlight.
- ‘The dining room, at the rear, looks out towards Galway Bay and has an adjoining sun lounge or conservatory, which makes the most of the south-facing elevation.’
- ‘The houses in the second phase have an entrance hall, two reception rooms, a kitchen/dining room, utility room, downstairs toilet, larder, sun lounge and en suite bedroom.’
- ‘From here, glass-panelled double doors lead to a sun lounge with vaulted panelled ceiling and garden view.’
- ‘It has a large sun lounge / dining room, fitted kitchen, sitting room, four bedrooms and a bathroom.’
- ‘An optional sun lounge can be built at the rear of the houses for £16,000 including Vat.’
- ‘Each of the houses have a floor area of 185 square metres, four large bedrooms, three bathrooms, a spacious living area and sun lounge.’
- ‘A collection of work from a Killarney-based artist currently adorns the walls of the hotel s sun lounge and there are some terrific scenes of Kerry contained therein.’
- ‘To the right is the recently built sun lounge, a spacious room with a pitched pine ceiling, remote-controlled Velux windows and timber floors.’
- ‘The 112 square metre house includes a kitchen, a lounge, a shower room, sun lounge, bathroom and three bedrooms, one of which has an en suite.’
- ‘The two-bedroom property has recently been refurbished and now includes a living room, kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms and a sun lounge.’
- ‘The sun lounge can also be accessed from the dining room, which features a brick fireplace and hot press.’
- ‘This sun lounge has a pine panelled ceiling with recessed spotlights and a laminated floor.’
- ‘As you enter the main door, there is a room to the right which leads to the family room and sun lounge.’
- ‘Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards the purchase of tables and chairs for the new centre as well as providing a sun lounge for patrons.’
- ‘An airy sun lounge adjoins the kitchen and is also directly accessible from the hall.’
- ‘The accommodation includes an entrance hall, lounge, dining room, sun lounge, kitchen/break - fast room, study, utility room and four bed - rooms, three of them en suite.’
- ‘It was built two years ago and offers 214 square metres of accommodation including a hall, living room, lounge, sun lounge, dining room, kitchen, four bedrooms and a bathroom.’
- ‘A sun lounge to the rear will also need modernising - it is teak-framed and has a corrugated Perspex roof as well as double doors to the rear garden.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.