Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for sunscreen
- ‘Some of the hair care products that contain sun filters will work better than other hair care products because of the design of the products.’
- ‘Another way of improving photostability is by combining two or more sun filters with the aim of protecting the stability of the principal active ingredient.’
- ‘‘The supermarket product, which doesn't contain a sun filter, was just as effective at protecting hair in UV light, and better at preventing fade during our washing tests,’ notes the report.’
- ‘We don't rush anything, yet we were the first to speak about anti-pollution and introduce sun filters into our skincare range,’ he said.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.