Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A child's close-fitting peaked cotton hat that protects the head and neck from the sun.
- ‘I am looking for 10 ” or 12 ” blocks to appliqué to a sun bonnet.’
- ‘The slat bonnet was a popular style of sun bonnet worn throughout the 1800's.’
- ‘James the Fair, brother of John the Foul (as they are referred to by the others) arrives for the 4th of July sporting a sun bonnet the size of a sombrero and so much foppery that Buzz suddenly looks like Bruce Willis.’
- ‘The straw sun bonnets and straw cap bonnets have been going as soon as they get here, so if they show ‘out of stock’ please know we are getting more any day.’
- ‘The images below show an assortment typical of the many types of calico sun bonnets which we have.’
- ‘You'll also find new baby sailor hats, baby sailor berets, baby sun bonnets, smocked bonnets for babies, and beautiful christening bonnets and christening hats.’
- ‘Make sure that Israel packs the pretty sun bonnet that your cousin Maria gave her for Christmas.’
- ‘As if skinny jeans weren't bad enough, they want to inflict sun bonnets upon us?’
- ‘The men attended dressed as farmers, gardeners, mule drivers, and country squires, smoking corncob pipes and wearing bandannas, while the women wore sun bonnets, calico frocks, and gingham aprons.’
- ‘The men were in their shirt sleeves, while the women wore sun bonnets and many were bare-footed.’
- ‘It was a day for sun bonnets at Rose Hill Friday.’
- ‘This is an every day or sun bonnet which adjusts at neck and folds flat when not in use.’
- ‘He said all the women wore sun bonnets, and got them all decked out with flowers too.’
- ‘Traditional sun bonnets - those like Caroline Ingalls wore on the television show Little House on the Prairie - have been made for the Mast Store by a member of the same family for the last 37 years.’
- ‘Play outside in the summer sun with this beautiful sun bonnet designed to protect the face and the back of the neck from the sun.’
- ‘She became a professional seamstress with her own alteration store, stitching everything from sun bonnets to wedding gowns to linings for caskets.’
- ‘This sun hat frames the face very nicely and is reminiscent of the old prairie sun bonnets.’
- ‘Outside on a flat grassy plain, shepherdesses in long skirts and satin-covered sun bonnets are moving other groups of white goats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.