One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, mainly nocturnal bear which has a brownish-black coat with a light-coloured mark on the chest, native to SE Asia.
- ‘There was also difficulty when a confiscation team was going to confiscate a sun bear owned by Alfred, who was then running an ‘animal show’ in Sleman.’
- ‘Environmentalists warn that Borneo's wild orang-utans, sun bears, and clouded leopards could be wiped out in 10 to 20 years, as well as countless other species.’
- ‘There are several different types of bears, including the Asiatic, sun bears, brown, grizzly, black, Kodiak, sloth, giant panda and polar bears.’
- ‘A glass case held four skulls, which Galbreath identified as those of sun bears.’
- ‘Other animals photographed included elephants, sun bears, porcupines, clouded leopards, wild dogs, and panthers.’
- ‘So, as Sun Hean translated, we asked our hosts, ‘Is the animal a sun bear or a moon bear?’’
- ‘Rowena saw monkeys, zebras, elephants, a group of vivid but lazy sun bears.’
- ‘For these animals, as well as another 45 moon bears and 14 sun bears, 50 macaques, 30 gibbons, 10 crocodiles, 4 binturongs, and 200 dogs, Banglamung Wildlife Breeding Center is essentially a well-appointed refugee center.’
- ‘Smaller animals - sun bears, monkeys and macaques - can be rehabilitated at rescue centres with the hope of returning them to the wild.’
- ‘The tiny sun bear picked her way through the chairs and tables and stood next to Wendy.’
- ‘The illegal logging destroys the habitat of rare species such as orang-utans, Sumatran rhinos, and sun bears.’
- ‘The sun bears and sloth bears (also included in the Ursus group by many scientists) also have as many differences as similarities.’
- ‘The lineages leading to the remaining species - the brown bear the black bear the sun bear and the sloth bear - first became distinct 5-7 M.Y.B.P.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.