One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It defies narrative conventions by its length, its metaphysical breadth and its visual sumptuosity.’
- ‘When the dome will be restored, the world will have back the sumptuosity of one of the most meaningful masterpiece of the international capital of Baroque style.’
- ‘His entertainments were, for the most part, plain and citizenlike, the company general and popular; good taste and kindness made them pleasanter than sumptuosity would have done.’
- ‘They involved displays of sumptuosity and the flaunting of rare and precious skills that only the idle rich could cultivate.’
- ‘As a matter of courtesy its sumptuosity and splendor were placed at the disposal of the new King.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.