One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clocking in at just over a dozen jobs, players will have warriors, red, black, and white mages, paladins, thieves, samurai, ninjas, dragoons, monks, summoners, beast masters, and dark knights at their disposal.’
- ‘Certainly he is the guardian of ghosts, the lord of black ink, the prince of parchment and a summoner of souls.’
- ‘Chaucer's habit of poking fun at pardoners and summoners is not so much an example of impiety as a way of demonstrating how much virtue he has to spare.’
- ‘His tale is an attack on the wickedness of summoners.’
- ‘Many of these characters can seem larger than life or completely out of mythological tales, especially if you consider fighters like the satyr or the undead summoner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.