One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characteristic of or suitable for summer.‘we were blessed with summery weather’‘girls in light summery dresses’
- ‘You can always choose basic black, but we picked a simple sleeveless dress in aqua silk for a summery look.’
- ‘Hot and summery, that's the weather you'll know if you ever get to Los Angeles.’
- ‘She made a face and silently went to her room to dig out more summery clothes.’
- ‘I enjoyed the sight of so many pretty girls in their light summery dresses walking along the well lit streets.’
- ‘That, and the summery weather on a winter day, contributed to everyone's good mood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.